This guide will walk you through the steps to enable shadow copy on an SMB share running on ubuntu 20.04
- Server running Houston with Znapzend
- Configure auto snapshot with znapzend, follow the guide below:
- Once a replication task is created, Go to the “File Sharing” tab and click on the share you wish to add shadow copy to.
- Once editing, you can click the “Populate Shadow Copy settings”.
- Now the required parameters should be added to the “Advanced Settings” box. Then click “Apply”.
If you are adding these parameters to a pre-existing share you may need re-input the previously used parameters on that share
- After applying the changes you should see them successfully added to the share.
- Connect to your share and try to view the snapshots under “Previous Versions” under the properties.
- Verify there are snapshots being made on the server.
- Restart the samba service.
- Remap the Network Share on the Windows Client