Table of Contents
- This article will show proper syntax in order to allow emails to be sent from alert manager
- A running Ceph Cluster with the ceph dashboard configured with ceph-ansible
- Access to the cluster ansible-admin node
- An email address, mail server name and port you wish to send the alerts to
- Log in to the ansible admin node and edit “/etc/alertmanager/alertmanager.yml”
[root@osd1 ~]# vim /etc/alertmanager/alertmanager.yml global: resolve_timeout: 5m smtp_smarthost: 'emailserverhostname:port' smtp_from: 'email@example.com' smtp_require_tls: false route: group_by: ['alertname'] group_wait: 10s group_interval: 10s repeat_interval: 1h receiver: 'ceph-dashboard' receivers: - name: 'ceph-dashboard' webhook_configs: - url: 'http://osd1:8443/api/prometheus_receiver' - url: 'http://osd2:8443/api/prometheus_receiver' - url: 'http://osd3:8443/api/prometheus_receiver' - url: 'http://osd4:8443/api/prometheus_receiver' email_configs: - to: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- Restart the alert manager service:
[root@osd1 ~]# systemctl restart alertmanager
- Check the status of alert manager to ensure the service is running:
[root@osd1 ~]# systemctl status alertmanager
- If the alert manager service is failing you can check the logs for alert manager:
[root@osd1 ~]# docker logs alertmanager
- Pay close attention to syntax in the alertmanager.yml file. It is very common for the service to fail due to a syntax error.