Inserting Storage Drives
This article details the process of putting storage drives into the 45Drives Unit.
- Once your unit is racked or in its final destination you can now start installing the storage drives.
- The numbering on the slot goes from right to left for all rails. From experience it is best practice to install the drives from starting from index 1-1 and sequentially incrementing in order.
- The drive should fit snugly into a slot. Make sure the back of the drive is facing the right when placing in the slot.
- Depending on the size of the unit (15, 30, 45, 60) you can keep inserting the drives from left to right filling up the slots.
- The last slot in every row will be a little bit trickier but the slots should be lined up perfectly for each drive to fit in.
- After all the drives are inserted into the slots, you can close up the unit and move on to hooking up the needed cables to your unit.
Now that your storage drives have been installed, you will need to Setup the Initial Cabling.