- Once your unit is racked or in its final destination you can now start installing the storage drives.
- From our experience, we install the hard-drives from left to right starting with slot 1-15. The reason being is that you have a better line of site for the connector at the bottom that the drive has to fit into.
- The drives should fit in snugly and almost pop into the connector.
- Depending on the size of the unit (15, 30, 45, 60) you can keep inserting the drives from left to right filling up the slots.
- The last slot in every row will be a little bit trickier but the slots should be lined up perfectly for each drive to fit in.
- After all the drives are inserted into the slots, you can close up the unit and move on to hooking up the needed cables to your unit.
Now that your storage drives have been installed, you will need to Setup the Initial Cabling.