- Locate the model of your Motherboard in the BIOS Setup. It should be on the Main page. (Ex. X10SRL-F)
- If you don’t already have the IPMI IP you can get it on first boot or if you are still in setup you can go to the IPMI section along the top, then arrow down to BMC Network Configuration. Hit Enter. The Station IP Address is the IP we need. (Ex. 192.168.XXX.XXX)
- Exit out of the Setup.
- From another workstation type in the IP of the Station within a browser. Bypass the non-SSL website page.
- Log in to the Web-GUI with the default login credentials (ADMIN and ADMIN) or if you changed them, log in with your credentials.
- Open another browser window and go to the following address: http://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/bios_ipmi.php
- Locate or search for your motherboard model. Make sure the Description is BMC Firmware and not BIOS.
- Download the BMC firmware ZIP file. Accept the Licence Agreement.
- Extract the files to a folder.
- Go back to the Supermicro Web-GUI and click on the Maintenance > Firmware Update.
- Click <Enter Update Mode> to enter the update mode. A warning message will display. Warning: Once the server is in the firmware update mode, the device will be reset, and the server will reboot even if you cancel firmware updating.
- Click <OK> to update your IPMI firmware. Once you’ve clicked OK to update the firmware, the Firmware Upload screen will display as shown on the next page. Press the Browse button to choose firmware file (*.bin) and then press the Upload Firmware button to start load
- Make sure the firmware version is correct before you can press the “Upload Firmware ” button for updating progress.
- If Click <Cancel> to cancel firmware updates. Once you have clicked <Cancel > to update the IPMI Firmware, the following Firmware Upload screen will display as shown below.
- Click <Upload Firmware> to upload the selected firmware to the host server.
Warning! To properly update your firmware, do not interrupt the process until the process is completed. Once it is completed, the system will automatically reboot, and you will need to login to the server again.
NOTE!!! Uncheck preserve configuration box during flashing (very important step for FW to work properly). All settings will be reset to default.
- Click < Start upgrade > to download the firmware.
- Click < OK > System will reboot after upgrade complete. The web page will redirect to the login page automatically.
Estimated reading time: 1 min