|45 Drives Knowledge Base
||KB450413 - Updating PetaSAN to Latest Version
This article will cover how to update your PetaSAN nodes to the latest version. It may be necessary to perform this when standing up a second cluster with the intent of replicating data between the two.
1. SSH into the terminal via PuTTy or preferred SSH utility and log in with Admin credentials
2. Run the following command on the first node:
This command updates the node to point towards our dedicated 45 Drives repository.
3. We follow this command up with the following;
This command gives us a list of all the packages that can be updated and prepares everything to be updated.
4. To make updating easier and require less interaction from the user, we'll be applying the following
Since it's likely there will be many packages that need to be updated, we'll be making this update process occur without user input.
5. Now it's time to apply the updates to everything:
apt -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" upgrade
6. The output of the following command should tell you everything is already installed-- this is normal and is used in this case to ensure everything is installed and ready for action.
apt install petasan
Make sure everything is installed with the following command
dpkg -s petasan | grep Version