How do I set up a WebDAV share in FreeNAS?
You can upload and/or download resources using the WebDAV protocol. WebDAV allows you to transfer files and folders from your local computer to and from your site’s Network Location.
On the FreeNAS menu, click on Sharing and then WebDAV Shares…
- From the side menu, click on Sharing
- Click WebDAV Shares…
In the resulting dialog box, fill out the required information.
- In the Share Name section, type in your desired share name.
- Navigate to the correct dataset Path.
- Uncheck the option to Change User & Group Ownership
- Click Save.
Change the permissions of the dataset so that the Owner and Group is webdav or add webdav user to the Group
- Click on Storage and then Pools.
- Edit the permissions of the correct dataset so that the Owner and Group is webdav or add the webdav user to the Group.
Enable the WebDAV service, check the box to start automatically and click on the pencil icon to change settings.
- Click on Serives, turn on the WebDAV service and check the box to Start Automatically.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit the WebDAV service settings.
Fill in the required information to complete the setup.
- You can leave the Protocol set to HTTP.
- The default port can also be left at 8080 but you can change it if you like. Just be sure to port forward the correct port that is listed.
- Leave Digest Authentication as the HTTP Authentication method since we are not using SSL. This will send the password as hash rather than a plain text password.
- Type in the same password for both Webdav Password and Confirm Password. This will be the password you use to access your WebDAV connection. The username will be webdav.
- Clicki Save.