This is for Destroyinator customers who have the version 1.0 hardware.
The v1.0 hardware is a X9-SRL Motherboard with a video card.
This does not apply to customers that do not have a video card in their system.
How To Install Video Drivers
Option 1 – GUI
NOTE- This only apply’s to Destroyinator 3.0 software (Linux Mint)
- Open up Driver Manager. ( Menu -> Administration -> Driver Manager)
- Select “nvidia-340” , apply changes and then wait as the program does the download and install.
- Reboot and you will running on the proper Nvidia driver.
- You can verify by running the command “sudo lshw -c video”. You can see the expected output below note it says “nvidia” when this process worked and will say “nouveau” if not.
OPTION 2 – CLI
- You must install the proper Nvidia drivers for the cards in this case its the EVGA 1024MB graphics card.
Download from nvidia here: http://www.nvidia.ca/object/unix.html You want the Latest Legacy GPU version (340.xx series)
- Download and save to the desktop and change the permission so its executable.
chmod +x /path/to/driver
- Black list the default linux driver “nouveau”
sudo nano /etc/defaults/grub Change this line so its reads, GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="nomodeset nouveau.blacklist=1 quiet splash" and update GRUB sudo update-grub
- Reboot the machine and boot into recovery mode:
* Hold right shift when booting to get to the grub splash menu. * Select Advanced Options * Boot into recovery mode
- When presented with a list of option choose “root”
- Give the root password and remount the root file system to be read/write.
mount -o remount,rw /dev/md0p1 NOTE the device will change if you are not using redundant disks be sure to get the right disk. If its a single disk it will most likely be /dev/sda1
- Now you can install the driver
cd /home/user/Desktop ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-340.93.run
- Answer the questions the installer prompts. MAKE SURE YOU SAY YES TO DKMS so that the driver will recompile when new kernels are installed