1. Backup Config Files
- Either manually run the config back up using this method, or FTP/SSH into your system and backup the automatically saved ones off the backup volume.
- You should save these on your local computer.
- Either way, you will be wiping the SSDs so be sure to save your config!
2. Install FreeNAS onto SSD’s
- With the two SSDs and the USB stick plugged in, you will now need to image one of the SSDs.
- You can download the FreeNAS 11.2U6 image from the following website: https://download.freenas.org/11.2/STABLE/U6/x64/FreeNAS-11.2-U6.iso
- Once the image has been downloaded follow the steps here to create a bootable USB or here to mount as Virtual Media.
- Install FreeNAS using the following knowledgebase article with either a USB or Virtual Media.
NOTE: Since the USB stick and Virtual Media contain boot information on them be sure to go into the BIOS and manually pick the correct device to boot.
After you complete the installation procedure boot into your fresh FreeNAS install.
3. Upload your Previous Configuration
Upload your previous Configuration file by navigating to “System -> General” choose “Upload Configuration” and choose the configuration file you saved earlier. See this article to confirm the steps and see screenshots.