It is important to note that this list of operating systems is offered as a courtesy to our customers. We have tested these systems to verify that they work with our storage units. We do not, however, officially endorse or support any particular operating system. We have provided links to each of their respective websites for further information and support.
- CentOS (up to 7.6) is the default OS shipped on all newly assembled units. This was updated from CentOS 6.6, utilizing the newer kernel & updated software.
- Ubuntu (up to18.04) This is an option for those who may wish to use it.
- FreeNAS (up to 11.2) is a FreeBSD based solution for Network Attached Storage. Solid NAS Storage Solution.
- Windows Server (up to 2016) Windows Server has been tested and is known to work with our units. We do ship the Windows driver CDs with all of the units we send out.
- Disclaimer – The information on this site is provided as a free support service. Protocase, and it’s subsidiary company, 45 Drives, provides this support and guidance through this wiki, but can not be held responsible for any damage or loss of data that may occur through the use of any instructions found herein. Please use at your own risk.